Hooked on Crochet
About the same time I was initially learning knitting in my mom's Girl Scout troop, she also put out there crochet. My mom is a pro at crochet as she had been crocheting since 2 ( have pictures of her doing it so, it is not a myth.) I could not get beyond the single chain and moved away from it. I even had a hypothesis that there were two different types of people: those who knit and those who crochet.
This all changed when my husband got me a knitting animal scarves book for me to knit some more scarves. I started the owl scarf and worked it to the finishing trim, finding that some pieces required crochet ( Lesson learned, read the whole pattern!) I got nervous, but I bucked up and followed the steps it outlined, I found I could crochet and finishing the scarf. This changed my whole world! Now I like to crochet in basic form.

Comments
Post a Comment